March 7, 2011
To all ONGC Members,
I would like to welcome all ONGC members to the 2011 season. I would most like to welcome all the new members that have joined us this year. We have a great schedule this year and am looking forward to a fun season. I would like to thank the new board in advance for all the on the job training they will be providing me this year.
Following are your new board members:
President – Kevin Campbell
Vice President – Bruce Iwata
Treasure – Herbie Kawashima
Secretary – Korey Shimojima
Tournament Chair – Kevan Inouye
Handicap Chair – Jeff Lind
Rules Chair – Mr. Scott Kato
Attached is this year’s new schedule. Hopefully you were able to attend the season opening banquet at NoHo’s. We thought a new venue to support a new Japanese business would be a good way to start off the new season. Carl had supported the NW Tournament.
Membership breakdown as follows:
Regular Dues: $50.00 (including Hole-in-One fund)
Senior Dues: $30.00 (including Hole-in-One fund)
GHIN Card: $30.00
- We would ask members to sign up 2 weeks in advance prior to a tournament. We will have a sign-up sheet for players to sign up for the next tournament to make it easier.* Or call the NEW tournament chair Kevan Inouye, 503-71-2485 or email, email@example.com.
- Guests will be allowed to sign up within 7 days of a tournament when openings are available on a first come basis.
- We are also asking that all effort be made to arrive the day of the tournament 30 minutes prior to the first tee time. This will allow for more efficient sign-in, next tournament sign-up, and payment.
- This will allow the guys collecting the money to have a little time to warm up before everyone has already teed off.
- If you do arrive later that the 30 minutes before the tee time we may not be able to get you in the money pot and you may have to pay the course directly.
- Another thing we would like to see is that if you commit to a tournament and do not show we may ask that you make the club whole if we have to pay for an empty spot. I don’t think many courses do that to us, but just in case.
It was voted and passed at the annual meeting that payouts are as follows:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall net score to be paid in cash.
- 4th, 5th, 6th, place overall net score to be paid in balls.
- KP’s to be paid in balls.
- $5 to be collected for money pot, club will pay for ball fee. This will allow for bigger payouts.
Again welcome to all old and new members and let us all have a great year.